1. What should we do to help the elder in our community?
2. Which of the following people can give most useful help in your future career direction?
3. There is going to have students’ TV show. Which show would you like to watch? Please Give your reasons.
A. Interview school leaders
B. Students’ debate on political and social topics
C. Comedy about school life
4. Which do you prefer: an interesting class but very strict with scoring or a boring class that gives you high scores?
5. Your degree requires you to take one course, which one would you choose?
1) Energy and environment
2) Health and nutrition
3) Solar system
6. If you can have a part-time job at the university, what position would you choose: a lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant?
7. Which of the following three do you think is the most important for a great working environment? Friendly coworkers, flexible hours or a helpful boss?
8. Which method do you prefer in finding a job?
9. Which one would you like to choose for your final project：presentation, paper，video?
10. Describe the characteristics a good leader should have.
11. If a mayor is to be selected from the following candidates, who all have no political experience but are successful in their own field, which one do you think is the best candidate for mayor?
1) A university professor
2) A businessman
3) A doctor
12. Recall an argument that you have ever had with others and describe the details of the conflict.
13. Your friend is going to a new school to study. What suggestion would you give him to help him blend in?
14. Your university has acquired a piece of land next to the campus. There have been three options for the use of the land. Which do you prefer? Why?
1) the athletic facilities and stadiums
2) a park with nature trails
3) centers for students and hotel for campus guests
15. Which of the following do you think is the best way to know a new school: joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on the campus play field, or auditing lectures?
16. The university wants to provide student more entertainments and three choices provided below. Which do you prefer and why?
1) A theater performance by the student actors;
2) A concert provided by professional musician;
3) A lecture from a professor
17. Describe a behavior that many people may do in public that you find inconsiderate.
18. Which of following aspects do you think contributes most to country's success?
1) many business opportunities
2) well rounded medical care system
3) a developed educational system
19. There are several ways you can get to know a country without travelling abroad. Which of the following ways would you like to choose?
1) Reading books
2) Watching videos
3) Joining online communication groups
Choose one and explain why.
20. Things always change in an unexpected way. Please describe a thing you have recently done that, ten years ago, you never imagined you would do.
1. Some people prefer to resolve problems with friends directly face to face or on the phone. Some others prefer to resolve problems by writing, sending E-mail or text message. Which one do you prefer? Why?
2. The school allows students to keep pets in their dorms. Do you think it is good or not?
3. Some people like to purchase a product they like as soon as the product is available in the market. Some, however, prefer to wait until the price of the product becomes more accessible. Which way do you prefer?
4. Agree or disagree: if children do well in school, parents should give them money as rewards.
5. Do you agree or disagree that in the future, people will read fewer books than they do today?
6. Some professors prefer to give regular quizzes. Some prefer to give surprising quizzes. Please talk about the advantages and/or disadvantages of surprising quizzes.
7. If you are to choose between 2 apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper, which one do you prefer and why?
8. Some people prefer to make plans about social activities with their friends in advance. Others prefer to make decisions when they meet each other. Which way do you prefer and why?
9. Agree or disagree：children are leading much easier lives than adults.
10. Do you agree or disagree that young children should leave home to stay with relatives and friends for a short period of time?
11. Do you agree or disagree that students would learn more if the teachers assign them with more schoolwork?
12. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn skills like cooking, sewing and caring for others?
13. Some people prefer take a job with a single task, others prefer to do multiple tasks on a job. Which do you prefer?
14. Some people think it's better to take classes in the daytime and have a part-time job in the evening, some people prefer to have a part-time job in the daytime and take classes in the evening. Which do you think is better? Use specific details and examples to explain your answer.
15. When having an assignment or project to do, some people prefer to finish it long before the due date; others prefer to start doing it right before the deadline. Which one do you prefer and why?
16. Some people believe that we should not discuss about the private activities of the popular people, like movie stars and singers. Do you agree? Why?
17. Friends may disagree with each other, and still maintain friendship. Do you agree with or disagree with this idea, why?
18. Which do you think is better? Deciding on your major before entering college or after taking some courses?
19. Do you agree or disagree that one of the best ways to learn about a country is to watch its TV shows?
20. Do you agree or disagree that to succeed we need to make enemies?