1. What is the most important habit that parents can teach their children?
2. Imagine that you have to stop using cellphone for a month, would that be difficult for you?
3. Which of the following groups would you like to join: campus newspaper, hiking club or dorm improvement committee?
4. Which of the following classes is the most attractive to students?
1) Sound engineering
2) History of rock music
3) Film studies
5. Which of the following three do you think is the most important for a great working environment? Friendly coworkers, flexible hours or a helpful boss?
6. If your university is going to invite someone to give a speech, who do you think they should invite? A businessman, a scientist or a politician?
7. What would you advise somebody who was planning to come to your country to study?
8. Which kind of roommate do you prefer: a roommate from a foreign country or a roommate from your own country?
9. Which one of the following do you think is the most important quality for an entrepreneur?
10. Your friend has a bad eating habit. What suggestions would you like to give this friend?
11. Your friend is coming to your country for studying, but he or she is worried about the cost. what are the advices you can offer?
12. Your friend wants to build up a restaurant. What suggestions would you like to give regarding food and location?
13. Your community has received a large amount of donation, should it be used to construct a playground for children or build a garden for the community?
14. Which one of the following qualities do you think a good school should have? Students who like to help each other, knowledgeable teachers or strict rules.
15. What program would you like to participate in?
1) teaching kids how to recycle
2) how to do gardening
3) how to eat healthier
16. Is it important to be polite and have good manners?
17. Describe a behavior that many people may do in public that you find inconsiderate.
18. Which of following aspects do you think contributes most to country's success?
1) many business opportunities
2) well rounded medical care system
3) a developed educational system
19. When traveling, do you prefer to stay at one place for a long time or spend less time but visit more places? Explain your answer in details.
20. The university is recruiting volunteers to help the community protect the environment. Which of the following would you choose to do?
1) Pick up trash and litters on the street;
2) plant trees and flowers;
3) teach children about protecting the environment.
1. Do you agree or disagree that taking personal computer into class will no longer be allowed?
2. If you have more money, you want to spend your money on objects like clothes and electronic devices or spend your money on experience.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of expelling students from their school, if they are caught cheating in exams?
4. When your friend is about to take a visit to your house. Do you prefer them to inform you before their coming, or do you prefer a surprise visit?
5. Do you like talking to people face to face, or sending text messages or emails?
6. Do you agree with the statement: it is easier for people today to lead a healthy life than people of 100 years ago?
7. Some people prefer recording life by taking pictures or keeping diaries, others prefer doing nothing. Which one do you prefer?
8. Some people believe that it is better for children to grow up in big cities. Others believe that it is better for children to grow up in small towns or rural areas. What is your opinion and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
9. Some students prefer to go to universities or colleges in their hometown. Others prefer to go to universities or colleges in new cities or towns. Which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: For the success of business, it is important to be friendly and outgoing?
11. Some students would prefer to live with roommates. Others would prefer to live alone. Which opinion would you prefer and why?
12. Some people believe the government should invest money in a program designed to save and protect endangered species of animals. Others believe that money for such programs should only come from private sources. Which point of view do you agree with?
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should attend social activities such as join a club or a sports team in school.
14. Some people like to befriend people who share the same opinion. Others like to befriend someone who holds different ideas. Which do you prefer?
15. Some people speak out in class. Others prefer to listen and quietly observe. Which do you think leads to greater success in school? Why?
16. Some people prefer take a job with a single task, others prefer to do multiple tasks on a job. Which do you prefer?
17. Some people want to change their appearance, even by surgery. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons.
18. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that it’s easier to teach elementary school kids than college students?
19. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: it is more important to maintain relationship with family members than with friends?
20. Do you agree or disagree that celebrities such as artists and athlete should be the role model for people?