1. If universities are given financial support to develop researches, which one do you think would receive more benefits.
1) To predict weather more accurately.
2) To clean rivers and ocean.
3) To deal with out space.
2. Your university has acquired a piece of land next to the campus. There have been three options for the use of the land. Which do you prefer? Why?
1) the athletic facilities and stadiums
2) a park with nature trails
3) centers for students and hotel for campus guests
3. Describe a news article or a story that you are interested in recently. And explain why you think it was interesting. Please include reasons and details in your response.
4. Which one will you learn: play a piano, swim or repair a car?
5. What is your favorite subject? Why do you like it the best? Include details and examples to support your response.
6. What kind of strategy do you use to handle an overwhelming amount of work?
7. Talk about an important decision that you have made. Explain why the decision was important for you in details.
8. Which of the following art classes would you be more interested in taking: wood sculpture, painting or photography?
9. Which of the following groups would you like to join: campus newspaper, hiking club or dorm improvement committee?
10. What would you advise somebody who was planning to come to your country to study?
11. Please choose one of the following transportation methods that you consider the most enjoyable to ride: a bicycle, an automobile, or a train.
12. Nowadays, many people move to cities for work and study. What advantages do moving to cities bring to people?
13. If one of your friends wants to transfer major from business to music, what advice would you give him?
14. When do you think is a good time for a person to learn a second language?
15. Which one of the following volunteer work would you prefer doing? Tutoring children, driving senior citizens around or teaching adults to read?
16. If your parents have some extra money, how would you like them to spend it?
17. which of the following three activities do you prefer to do with a group of people rather than alone: Eat a meal, listen to music or do homework?
18. Which of the following three behaviors would you consider the most negative for kids? Being selfish, saying impolite things or speaking loudly in public?
19. Your friend is going to take a part-time job in college, please describe the advantages and disadvantages of doing a part-time.
20. Which of the following functions of the smart phone will benefit students the most? 1. Listening to music 2. Recording the lecture 3. Taking photos
1. Some people like participating in performance like theatrical or musical show. Others prefer to be in audience watching those plays. Which do you prefer?
2. Some universities accept the students to choose a major field of study when they enter the school; while other universities wait until the second or the third year before students deciding to choose a a major field of study. Which do you prefer? Why or why not?
3. Which of the following brings you more pleasure? Spend time with friends, study by yourself or doing sports?
4. Some people believe that it is better for children to grow up in big cities. Others believe that it is better for children to grow up in small towns or rural areas. What is your opinion and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
5. When going to concerts and movies, some prefer to go by themselves, other prefer to go with friends. Which do you prefer?
6. What do you think the government should do to decrease the usage of cars or other vehicles and solve the traffic problems?
7. Some people like to share their thoughts through publications like newspapers and blogs. Others prefer to only share them with friends. Which one do you prefer?
8. Some students prefer to take a test where they must write an essay to a question. Other students prefer to take a test with objective questions. Which type of exam question do you prefer? Give reasons and examples in your explanation.
9. Some students prefer to study in a library. Others prefer to study at home or in dormitories. Which way do you prefer and why? Include reasons and details in your response.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is always good to keep honesty.
11. Some think robots are useful in the future. Some think robots will never be more useful and smarter than human. Which do you agree?
12. Some people prefer to learn from people and events in the pasts. Others prefer to learn from current people and events. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
13. Some people believe technology has brought people closer and others believe that technology actually isolate people, which one do you agree with? Explain why.
14. Agree or disagree：children are leading much easier lives than adults.
15. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that bicycles will be less and less popular in modern society?
16. Which one do you prefer? Review your notes after class and keep doing this throughout the whole semester or just review at the end of the semester?
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: it is more important to maintain relationship with family members than with friends?
18. While you are on a vocation, do you prefer to spend more money or less money?
19. Do you agree or disagree: students should be required to participate volunteer work?
20. Your community has received a large amount of donation, should it be used to construct a playground for children or build a garden for the community?