1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Children should spend most of the time playing and studying, and they should not be required to do household chores, like cooking or cleaning.
2. Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in class. Which way of teaching do you think is more effective for students' learning?
3. Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: students should be encouraged to take courses like science, technology, engineering and math that are likely to lead to job opportunities rather than subjects they might be interested in.
5. What is the most important factor for students to succeed at university or college?
1) university tutors' individual instructions to help solve students' problems;
2) encouragement from family and friends;
3) high-quality education and excellent teachers in the high school
6. Children rely too much on the technology, like computers, smart phones, video games for fun and entertainment. Playing simpler toys or playing outside with friends would be better for children’s development.
7. People who cannot accept criticism will not succeed working in teams.
8. It is better for a company to have employees who do as they are told than employees who think of their own ideas?
9. Spending time alone is the best way to relax.
10. It is better to take risks and explore new things when you are older than when you are young.
11. People should buy things made in their own country, even when the price is higher than same things made somewhere else?
12. The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.
13. It is better for people to have friends who are intelligent than to have friends who have a good sense of humor.
14. In some circumstances, patience is not a good thing and instead, we should take action at once.
15. to increase economic growth, the government should neglect environment concerns.
16. It is important for the government to provide money for things that are beautiful not just for things that are practical.
17. In 20 years from now on, students will not use printed books anymore.
18. Parents do not understand their children as much as well as did 50 years ago.
19. Technology designed to make our life simpler actually makes our life more complicated.
20. Some argue that we should use cleaner energy sources to protect the environment, while others believe traditional energy sources like coal and oil are better because they are less expensive. What is your opinion?