Part I Listening Comprehension(15 Points，15minutes)(Omitted)(略)
Part II Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: In this part there are 20 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
16. Tom told me that he would have to ______ her invitation to the party.
A. avoid B.refuse C. deny D. ignore
17. Many new _____ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
A. opportunities B. necessities C. realities D. probabilities
18. The rain was heavy and _____ the land was flooded.
A. consequently B.continuously C. constantly D. conversely
19. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become _____
A. hurt B. damaged C.spoiled D. harmed
20.The police are _____ the road accident that occurred last night. .
A.looking up B. looking on C.looking out D. looking into
21. - I believe we've met somewhere before.
- No, ________.
A. it isn't the same B. it can't be true C. I don't think so D. I'd rather not
22. Summers in ________ south of France are for ________ most part dry and sunny.
A. 不填; a B. the; 不填 C. 不填;不填 D. the; the
23. When you turn on the TV set, clear pictures will _______ appear on the screen.
A. rapidly B. hurriedly C. lately D . immediately
24.I'm very sorry to have _______ you with so many questions on such an occasion.
A.interfered B. offended C. impressed D. bothered
25.The house was very quiet, _______ as it was on the side of a mountain.
A.isolated B. isolating C.being isolated D.having been isolated
26.Although they plant trees in this area every year, the tops of some hills are still _______.
A. blank B.hollow C.vacant D.bare
27. Their room was on the third floor, its window ____________ the sports ground.
A. overlooks B.overlooking C. overlooked D. to overlook
28. On no account ____________ to anyone who works in the company.
A.my name must be mentioned B. my name must mention
C. must my name be mentioned D.must my name mention
29. It was a wonderful play with a ____________ of over fifty actors and actresses.
A. list B. group C. bunch D.herd
30. At the meeting both sides exchanged their views on a wide ____________ of topics they were interested in.
A. extent B. number C. collection D. range
31. His ____________ has changed but he has kept the fine qualities of a scientific researcher.
A. state B. status C. station D.statue
32. - It's a good idea. But who's going to ________ the plan?
- I think Tom and Greg will.
A. set aside B. carry out C. take in D.get through
33. - I just heard that the tickets for tonight's show have been sold out.
A. I was looking forward to that B. It doesn't matter
C. I knew it already D. It's not at all interesting
34.I would be very _______if you could give me an early reply.
A. Pleasant B. grateful C. satisfied D. helpful
35. This is not a match. We’re_______ playing chess just for .
A. habit B. hobby C. fun D. game